Registered Nurse, BC Cancer Vancouver
Rotate between the Ambulatory Care Unit & Ambulatory Care Chemotherapy Unit
Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays
Are you passionate about supporting patients and families living with cancer? We’re looking for a compassionate and committed oncology nurse to join the BC Cancer team and care for our patients throughout their cancer journey. Learn about ambulatory care and chemotherapy in this unique, hybrid position rotating between our Ambulatory Care Unit & Ambulatory Care Chemotherapy Unit.
What you’ll do
- Administer chemotherapy, manage pain, and report and monitor progress.
- Create a supportive environment based on care and counsel via two-way communication.
- Provide guidance to patients in person and on the phone regarding their cancer journey.
- Continue to grow and share professional development with individuals and groups.
- Participate in research and clinical trials.
What you bring
- Graduation from accredited School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current CPR (Level C) certification.
- One (1) year of recent, related experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
What’s in it for you
- A comprehensive benefits package including generous vacation entitlement.
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts (with occasional Saturdays).
- Relocation assistance of up to $5,000 may be available.
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
Watch this video to learn about being a nurse at BC Cancer
Want to know more? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Cancer http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/ provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of B.C. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
Perks including onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference # 87095
Wage: $34.83 - $45.73 per hour
Hours of Work: 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730, 1000-1800, 1030-1830
Monday to Friday, may work Saturdays
600 West 10th Ave Vancouver BC