Registered Staff Nurse, Cancer Care
Rotating between Ambulatory Care Unit & Ambulatory Care Chemotherapy Unit
BC Cancer Vancouver
Utilizing evidence-based practice, as the registered nurse you are responsible for providing holistic nursing care to oncology patients during their cancer care experience including but not limited to: assessment, intervention, symptom management, treatment coordination and administration, teaching, counselling, support and follow up consistent with established policies and standards of care.
Play a pivotal role helping patients fight cancer
- Use your expertise to support people facing some of life’s biggest challenges.
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Participate in research and clinical trials.
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts.
You are a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Current CPR (Level C) certification and
- One (1) year of recent, related experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
You also have a proven ability to set priorities and organize patient care.
Watch this video to learn more about being a nurse at BC Cancer
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer (bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialty health care services across BC. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect People ● Be compassionate ● Dare to innovate ● Cultivate partnerships ● Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA: jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
- Reference # 82765
- Wage: $34.83 - $45.73 per hour
- 1 Temporary (to March 30, 2020) Full-Time (1.00 FTE) Position Available
- Hours of Work: 0730-1530/0800-1600/0900-1700/0930-1730/1000-1800/1030-1830 Monday-Friday (may work Saturdays)
- Location: 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of 26 April 2019. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.