General Practitioner in Medical Oncology
Regular Full Time (0.7 FTE)
Improve the health of a wide range of cancer patients and help us maintain the highest cancer patient survival rate in Canada. In this life-changing role, you will:
- Assess and manage outpatients receiving systemic therapy.
- Be a member of our unique interdisciplinary cancer care team.
- Work with one other GP Oncologist at the Abbotsford Centre, in conjunction with a team of Medical Oncologists based at the BC Cancer Centre in Abbotsford.
- Have the advantage of a regular daytime schedule, with no weekend or on-call shifts.
We actively work to foster your personal and professional goals, and offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which includes generous relocation funding.
As our successful candidate you have:
- A Medical Council of Canada license.
- A BC Medical License.
- A current certificate with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC.
- Experience as a General Practitioner in Medical Oncology or Hospitalist with experience in solid tumors, especially lymphoma and breast cancer.
You must be able to obtain active staff privileges at the Fraser Valley Centre’s host hospitals, meeting the requirements as defined by the Professional Advisory of BC Cancer.
Please forward a letter expressing your interest and your curriculum vitae to:
Paul Galbraith MD
Head of Medical oncology
BC Cancer Abbotsford Center
This position will remain open until filled.
BC Cancer (BCC) www.bccancer.bc.ca is internationally renowned for excellence in clinical care and research. It has modern cancer centres with leading edge technology, and maintains the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
BCC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.