Post Doctoral Fellow - Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Vancouver
The Department of Terry Fox Laboratory invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow to join a translational research program with specific goals to improve treatment of patients with acute myeloid leukemia and multiple myeloma.
Our Principle Investigators interact with the Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant Program of B.C. (http://www.leukemiabmtprogram.org) focusing on translational hematology. With the increasing amount of available genomics datasets, we are looking for a postdoctoral fellow with computational background and interest in wet-lab work (in vitro and in vivo) to integrate and combine our preclinical and clinical research. We are family friendly! Flexible working hours or part-time options are available.
In this role, you will:
- Propose experimental hypotheses for research and designs experimental questions and protocols in consultation with the Principal Investigators and collaborators.
- Apply standard scientific techniques and utilizes technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, conduct and report on assigned research projects.
- Perform algorithmic analyses on clinical and research data and report findings to the Principal Investigators and lab members.
- Prepare Study Reports.
- Ensure that in vitro and in vivo study protocols are adhered to.
- Participate in the hands-on conducts of in vitro and in vivo studies as required.
- PhD degree in a related scientific field plus recent, relevant research experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of operations within a barrier facility and working knowledge of standard operating procedures.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to work with in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Very organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities
Reference #: 85921
Temporary, Full-Time/Part-Time (One Year Term)
Terry Fox Laboratory
675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1L3