Research Assistant 2 – Proteomics
The Research Assistant 2 – Proteomics works under supervision and performs experiments by following established laboratory procedures.
In this role you will:
- Prepare samples for proteomic analysis
- Operating facility instrumentation including off-line HPLC fractionation systems, mass spectrometers, and speed vacs
- Perform initial data analysis
- Assist in the development of cutting edge protocols for clinical proteomics
- Maintain logs of samples analyzed and instrument use
- Liaise with collaborators to coordinate sample submission and communicating results
- Collaborate with client lab personnel
- Maintain a details lab notebook
A laboratory technician degree in chemical and biotechnical science with direct work experience in proteomics.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience with tandem mass spectrometry
- Experience with state-of-the-art mass spectrometry instrumentation including Orbitraps
- Experience with clinical sample preparation for proteomics and nucleic acid analysis
- Experience with processing cells and tissues for global and targeted proteomics
- Practical experience with analytical reversed phase chromatography (HPLC and nanoLC), specifically for peptide separation
- Two (2) years recent related experience in a research laboratory
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
Canada's Michael Smith Genome Science Centre is a leading international centre for genomics and bioinformatics research. Our mandate is to advance knowledge about cancer and other diseases, to improve human health through disease prevention, diagnosis and therapeutic approaches, and to realize the social and economic benefits of genomic research. We are a high through-put sequencing facility in Vancouver, Canada having sequenced over 2,402,168,248,871,630 raw bases to date. We have numerous research collaborations both locally and internationally with a primary focus on human cancers.
PHSA hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, this advertisement is first directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents but international candidates are invited to apply. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. English is the official language used at PHSA.
PHSA offers a very generous benefit package which includes 4 weeks’ vacation entitlement, extended medical, dental and coverage, life & disability insurance plus professional development opportunities with over 1000 online courses available on our Learning Hub.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Amirah Matiets, Talent Acquisition Representative at (604) 875-7258 or email Amirah.email@example.com
- Posting #: PHSA-RA2
- Status: Regular (permanant) Full-Time (37.5 hour per week)
- Salary: $46,213 to $60,655 per year
- Hours: Monday to Friday 0830-1630
- Location: Genome Sciences Centre - 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver BC V5Z 1L3