Pharmacy Technician - BC Cancer Vancouver
Help us get our patients the medications they need so we can fulfill our vision of "excellence in health, every time".
In this role, you will:
- Process medication clinically reviewed and approved medication orders
- Receive prescriptions from practitioners and ensures they are prescriptions are complete and authentic.
- Prepare, processes and compound prescriptions
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions
- Process prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence
- Transfer prescriptions to and receive prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
- Maintain stock levels and perform clerical duties as assigned.
- Currently registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to deal with others effectively.
- The physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- The ability to keyboard.
- The ability to organize work.
- The ability to operate related equipment.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer (www.bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services, and more. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
- Temporary, Full-Time (until December 2019)
- Wage: $28.70
- Rotating Days; Rotating Hours
- 600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 4, 2019. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.