Clinic Nurse, BC Women's Hospital + Women's Health Centre
The Clinic Nurse provides and coordinates outpatient nursing activities such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, clinic procedures and health promotion activities consistent with nursing scope, practice and professional standards, established policies, standards of care and philosophy at BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre. This role will be a member of the Women's Health Centre's (WHC) multi-disciplinary team and provides outpatient nursing activities such as patient assessment, patient teaching, clinic procedures and health promotion activities consistent with established clinic policies.
This Clinic Nurse primary focus will be providing nursing care and education to patients within the three key programs located at the Women's Health Centre (WHC)
- Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Clinic
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Plan and coordinate with medical staff, allied health team members and community agencies for patient care plans and assessments in the clinic. Supports the delivery of care in the clinic by making adjustments in patient assignments/schedules. Utilize and implement appropriate nursing skills/techniques in the care of the ambulatory patient in the assigned clinic/program.
- Coordinate assessment and post assessment referrals, responds to patient, family and health care member’s enquiries, and liaises with other support diagnostic services/ community health services in coordinating patient referrals.
- Collect and document patient health care information including updating charts and obtaining information from community providers regarding current treatment and objectives. Maintain complete and accurate records of nursing observation, interventions, teaching and evaluation of nursing care. Maintains complete and accurate records of telephone communications as well.
- Teach patients, family members, and other caregivers by providing and explaining diagnosis and treatment information, demonstrating procedures and the use of equipment, and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the selected teaching methods.
- Completion of a recognized Nursing program. Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two years recent related experience in the designated clinic setting and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work in all areas of the clinic
- Ability to relate effectively to patients and their families and others.
- Ability to function as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Ability to demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Ability to organize work
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable computer software.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Hours of Work: 0830-1630 Monday-Friday
4500 Oak St, Vancouver BC
If you are interested in connecting to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor via email: email@example.com
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre, please visit the website at www.bcwomens.ca/
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.