REGISTERED NURSE – NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, BC Women’s Hospital
Temporary Part-Time (0.51 FTE, Until Sept 2020)
Are you passionate about taking on a challenging—and deeply rewarding—nursing career working with the tiniest, most vulnerable patients? Join our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and become part of a sophisticated team delivering the highest level of life-saving care.
What you’ll do
- Plan and provide direct care for level 2, 3, and transitional newborn care patients.
- Teach family members or other caregivers procedures and use of equipment.
- Ensure patient records are current and complete.
- Identify your own learning needs and meet them by attending in-services or other techniques.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff and students by preceptoring and role-modeling.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nursing Professionals
- Current adult CPR and Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- One (1) year of experience in a neonatal intensive care unit caring for Level III tertiary care patients in the last two years or completion of BCIT Neonatal Nursing Course diploma or equivalent
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact: Kristen Neeser, Talent Advisor at 604-875-7152 or email: email@example.com.
What’s in it for you
We offer ongoing educational opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation assistance of up to $5,000 may be available.
BC Women’s Hospital is part of PHSA. Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Part-Time (0.51 FTE, Until Sept 2020)
BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre
Req #: 85018
Rotating Shifts: 0700-1916, 1900-0716
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BC Women’s Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the state-of-the art Teck Acute Care Centre. The centre is the first in North America to enable care so mothers and their babies can receive treatment in the same room, from the same nurse.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm.
For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.