Efficiently and accurately handle clerical functions, helping us provide “excellence in health, every time.”
The Nursing Unit Clerk performs a range of clerical functions utilizing computerized software programs which relate to the operation of the PBCU area such as maintaining patient records, transcribing and processing physician orders, calling in relief PBCU staff, requisitioning supplies, typing, and reception duties.
In this role, you will:
- Transcribe to appropriate forms and process physician orders for laboratory tests, medications, diagnostic tests, treatments, and surgical pre and post-operative procedures.
- Set up, maintain and complete patient charts; record information such as weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and lab test results in charts or other records as directed; attach documents such as laboratory and special examination reports to charts after review by authorized staff.
- Accept calls from PBCU staff regarding illness and absence from work and communicate information received to the unit(s) and appropriate personnel; call in relief staff according to pre-determined guidelines and refer problems/difficulties to the supervisor; maintain relief staff contact list information and other related records; maintain timekeeping records for PBCU staff and submit to Payroll as required.
- Perform receptionist duties by receiving patients, visitors, and others; answer queries or direct them to appropriate area or staff.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, answering the telephone, requisitioning supplies from stores and maintaining related records such as time sheets and census information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 graduation
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program
- One (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You also have the ability to:
- Keyboard 40 wpm
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Reference # 83495
Temporary Full-Time (To May 15, 2021)
Wage: $23.51 Hourly
Hours of Work: 1400-2200, Monday-Friday
BC Children’s Hospital, 4480 Oak St, Vancouver, BC
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 17, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCCH is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
For more information about BC Children's Hospital, please visit: http://www.bcchildrens.ca/
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. Please note the internal job posting has expired and is no longer accessible. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative.