The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
PHSA Corporate - Temporary Staffing Solutions
Junior Financial Analyst
Casual - Full time hours
Start Date: Immediately
Working closely with all members of the business planning team, the Junior Financial Analyst supports the strategic decision making process of the PHSA providing analysis, advice and recommendations. The Junior Financial Analyst assists in the development, compilation and review of PHSA annual and multi-year budgets as well as period end reporting.
The Junior Financial Analyst assists with identifying opportunities for increased PHSA operational and financial resource utilization and as required, conducts operational reviews, business process improvement reviews and service delivery modeling for the PHSA.
The Junior Financial Analyst provides support with financial planning and financial management for specific services or programs that are provincial in scope or cross over agencies.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) or a Diploma in Business Administration or a related field of study plus a minimum of two (2) years of recent experience preferably in a large complex multi-site organization
- Analytical skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information and present information in concise meaningful ways
- Strong computer and financial application skills including demonstrated ability to productively use spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications
- Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage co-operation between diverse operational groups and skill sets
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to negotiate and persuade others
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task without direct supervision
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.