We are currently seeking registered psychologists to provide assessment and treatment services to individuals in provincial correctional centres on a contracted basis. Eligible candidates will have training, experience, and expertise in clinical service delivery within correctional/forensic settings.
Interested psychologists are encouraged to apply to one or more of the specific locations identified below:
- Ford Mountain Correctional Centre, Chilliwack (1 day/week, includes travel allowance)
- Fraser Regional Correctional Centre, Maple Ridge (1 day/week)
- Nanaimo Correctional Centre, Nanaimo (½ day/week)
- Prince George Regional Correctional Centre, Prince George (1 day/week, includes travel expenses/allowance; requires service delivery via videoconferencing unless local)
- Alouette Correctional Centre (½ day/week)
- North Fraser Pretrial Centre (½ day/week)
- Doctorate in Clinical Forensic Psychology or closely related area
- Experience in a corrections/forensic mental health context
- Member in good standing of the College of Psychologists of British Columbia
- Clinical experience with assessment and treatment of adults in a corrections/forensic mental health setting, including suicide risk assessment, cognitive behavioral therapy, and trauma-informed clinical interventions and treatment modalities
- Expertise in the use of risk assessment/risk management tools and the relationship to criminal behaviour
- Willingness to conduct aspects of service by secure video conference an asset
Contracted / As Needed-Basis
Correctional Health Centres
Various Locations in British Columbia
Click on the link below to see what it's like to work at Correctional Health Services!
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on these opportunities please contact Kristen Neeser, Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org
Correctional Health Services is operated as part of PHSA’s BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) portfolio, which includes Forensic Psychiatric Services. BCMHSUS provides health care services and expertise for people with complex needs, including severe mental health and substance use issues across BC. This involves a broad network of established external partnerships with regional health authorities, First Nations Health Authority, advocacy organizations and other health care agencies across the province.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the program that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bcmhsus.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.