Medical Laboratory Technologist - Abbotsford Regional Hospital, LM Labs
Under general supervision, the Medical Laboratory Technologist performs technical work involved in the duties associated with laboratory test procedures. As well, the Medical Laboratory Technologist evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Obtains laboratory samples from patients as required.
- Performs Laboratory procedures and analyzes results according to established policies.
- Prepares a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls for use in analysis, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responds to requests and inquiries for test results by various methods as required by the standard operating procedures.
- Communicates test results to the appropriate parties, including designated members of other health teams, by methods such as printing and distributing lab results in accordance with the established procedures of the designated area.
Education, Experience and Training
- Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One year recent related experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory procedures, and technical competence to perform tests used in the assigned section of the laboratory, including quality control and safety.
- Basic awareness of research process.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care using point of care instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment and software, including techniques appropriate to the designated area of the laboratory.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on the Lower Mainland Laboratories please visit: http://lmlabs.phsa.ca/
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Lower Mainland Laboratories is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
- Casual Opportunities
- Wage: $30.29 to $37.79 per hour
- 32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford, B.C. V2S 0C2