Lower Mainland Laboratories (LM Labs) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Divisions and Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Project Manager, Lower Mainland Pathology & Laboratory Medicine (LM Labs)
Reference # 80331
Temporary Full Time (Until May 2020)
As the Project Manager with Lower Mainland Pathology & Laboratory Medicine (LM Labs) , your role
- Lead and co-ordinates all aspects of the current projects undertaken by the department
- Ensure that the deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan.
- Identify and track metrics as they relate to the project deliverables,
- Provide consultation, guidance and support to designated project staff, contractors and stakeholders.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Establishes detailed project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables. Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, consults with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan and identified metrics. Monitors and reports on the status of projects and major barriers encountered. Makes recommendations to Director regarding projects scope and related changes required to facilitate a successful outcome. Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of project budgets within the context of operations demands and environmental and resource constraints and uses best practice methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Provides leadership by giving advice or guidance in situations that require interpretation and judgment.
Education and Training
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline
- A minimum of five (5) year’s recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Project Management Professional designation considered an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Experience or working knowledge of content areas is key to the success of this role.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter with their application.
**Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled**
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on the Lower Mainland Laboratories, please visit: http://lmlabs.phsa.ca/
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.