BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is currently engaged in a Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project, which will improve the safety, quality, and consistency of patient care as well as streamline processes for care providers and clinicians through a common electronic health record.
BC Cancer is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Clinical Informatics Adoption Lead, BC Cancer, Surrey
Reference # 79020
Temporary, Full-Time (until December 2019)
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Informatics with matrixed reporting to the Senior Director, Regional Clinical Operations, the Clinical Informatics Adoption Lead will play a key role in the successful implementation of Cerner at BC Cancer. The Clinical Informatics Adoption Lead is responsible for leading and supporting regional centre clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the development and prioritization of the clinical information solutions strategic road map for the BC Cancer. This includes prioritization and escalation of change requests / issues.
Applying a broad range of both clinical and informatics knowledge and experience, the Clinical Informatics Adoption Lead provides direction and leadership to staff and works collaboratively with clinical and business stakeholders to support change and is the responsible person for liaising with the BCC CST core project team. The Clinical Informatics Adoption Lead will be responsible to ensure a lean methodology is incorporated into any process changes.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Leads and supports the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the adoption and implementation of Cerner at BC Cancer regional centres, in alignment with the strategic road map for clinical informatics solutions at the BC Cancer.
- Acts as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Leads and supports teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BC Cancer regional centres. Incorporates clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develops clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversees and manages the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
Education, Experience and Training
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Nursing Degree or other relevant healthcare disciplines.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Cancer Agency Information System (CAIS).
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional leadership skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a relevant clinical setting.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen.
- Highly organized and adept to managing multiple priorities.
- Extensive experience working with personal computers, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.