Working in a team based environment and placing client/family needs above all other concerns, help our team by performing clerical/receptionist functions in the support of the delivery of client care.
In this role, you will:
- Transcribe and process physicians’ orders
- Communicate with other departments and hospitals to coordinate client appointments and transportation
- Arrange client tests and receive results
- Receive visitors, answer the telephone, and prioritize requests
- Assemble and maintain client charts
- Arrange for client admissions and discharges
- Perform timekeeping functions
- Compile statistics, and type and distribute a variety of technical and non-technical reports and other materials utilizing computer systems and software relevant to the job
- Maintain an inventory of stationery supplies
- Ensure filing systems are maintained
- Grade 12 graduation
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- One (1) year of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
You have the ability to:
- Keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications
- Operate related equipment
Reference # 76761
Wage $20.46 – 22.38 Hourly
Work Schedule 0830-1630 Monday-Friday
3405 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the program that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bcmhsus.ca
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
BCMHSUS is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages, and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.