The Supply Chain Purchasing Clerk V assists customers with their daily supply, services and sourcing needs and is responsible for organizing and processing requisitions and disbursements for goods and services by utilizing supply chain procurement systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The Purchasing Clerk performs Supply Chain clerical duties including reconciling invoices, contacting suppliers to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders, and is responsible for a variety of other clerical functions such as word processing technical and non-technical materials, spreadsheet, and database duties. Under the supervision of the Buyer and/or Management, the Purchasing Clerk drafts all sourcing documents and conducts all related research and documentation. The Purchasing Clerk maintains master contract files and assists Buyers and Leads in accordance with the sourcing process as per the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology.
1. Orders supplies, equipment and services utilizing computerized procurement systems and software applications to administer direct, standing, contract and repair/service orders. • receives and processes requisitions; • checks the accuracy of department and account coding; • determines price and availability from vendors; • prepares purchase orders and communicates orders to vendors; • expedites orders; • investigates and resolves backorders and delivery issues; • coordinates and/or arranges service repairs; and • maintains records and departmental filing systems as required • Processes credits owed with suppliers and processes returns to vendor
2. Maintains data integrity across supply chain files and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures by entering any new items and contracts as well as any changes including but not limited to supplier information, product information, product codes, units of measure, descriptions or prices as directed by the Buyer and/or Management.
3. Resolves invoice and receiving discrepancies by researching discrepancies, liaising with customer & receiving personnel, communicates changes to internal/external clients, updates system files, processes product return/substitution documentation, and traces shipments as required to maintain system efficiency.
4. Investigates and resolves back ordered items and damaged goods; traces duplicate shipments and organizes invoice adjustments and credit notes with suppliers as required; returns outdated and/or deleted stock to vendors.
5. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists contract sourcing by reviewing contract data to identify opportunities for consolidation, engages suppliers on contract extensions and prepares supporting documentation, communications, and related research for review and approval of Buyer and/or Management.
6. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists in reviewing responses to competitive bids by recording and summarizing responses and presents initial data analysis to Buyer and/or Management for review and approval.
7. Liaises with customers: • to identify requirements and specifications; • to determine source of supply, availability and price of goods; • obtains vendor quotes; • provides customer with product and contract details and refers contract interpretation enquiries to Buyer and/or Management • arranging for approved product demonstrations with suppliers, vendors and user departments; • processes related manual and/or electronic forms based on user department requests.
8. Performs all clerical duties required by the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology such as perform data pulls, review data to ensure accuracy and integrity, enter item information, prices, product description and prepare documentation as required by Buyer and/or Management in the sourcing process, organizing and presenting data in required formats (ie: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, .pdf) and prepare related correspondence.
9. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, prepares and completes required contract documentation using standard templates where no material changes are required. Maintains and updates consolidated provincial contract registry in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provides current information/reports, such as contract expiry, and utilization as required.
10. Prepares product evaluation and validation forms and tabulates responses.
11. Responds to routine enquiries related to order management. Prepares and coordinates related communication, for internal and external distribution.
12. Performs general clerical duties as required, including recording and distributing meeting minutes.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 supplemented by accounting courses and three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. • Ability to deal with others effectively. • Ability to organize work. • Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. • Ability to operate related equipment.
Hours of Work
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) respects your right to privacy and takes seriously its responsibilities regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of BC, section 26 (c). The personal information that we collect from you or about you when applying for a job with PHSA will be used to assess your qualifications and suitability as a potential employee of PHSA, as well as for the purposes of recruitment and onboarding. We may also collect and use additional personal information provided by you or your references in the course of the evaluation and hiring process that will become part of your employment file if you are a successful candidate.
Your contact information, education and experience, desired job location and pay information, eligibility and availability, core skills, job functions, getting to know you responses, resumes, cover letters, references, pre-screening questionnaire responses and job application history is recorded in PHSA’s third-party applicant tracking system (“Brainhunter”)in Canada indefinitely and will be shared with our staff on a “need to know” basis. If you require access to your data, PHSA can provide a printout of your data and job application history. We do not sell or rent the information you provide to us to third parties. However, we do contract with a service provider to assist us in maintaining and managing our databases and to communicate with job applicants. We do not authorize this third party to make any other use of your information.
The service provider (“Brainhunter”) allows the option for you to delete your account after signing into the system. Before deletion you are advised with a warning. Your record is permanently purged / deleted from the respective site and the record will not be available in any searches. The job will have only the respective application information that you made previously.
If you have any questions about the management of your personal information during the recruitment process, please contact the Manager, Talent Acquisition at 604-875-7251, toll free 1-866-744-7363 or #260 – 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V6J 4Y6. You may also contact External Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.