BC Cancer is committed to providing a comprehensive, provincially-planned and regionally-delivered cancer control system for the residence of British Columbia. Its mandate covers the full spectrum of cancer care from prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment, to research and education, to supportive and palliative care. BC Cancer provides care closer to home by operating six regional cancer centres in Abbotsford, Kelowna, Prince George, Surrey, Vancouver, and Victoria. Research centres in Vancouver and Victoria ensure that BC Cancer can quickly translate new discoveries into clinical applications leading to better outcomes and care.
BC Cancer is currently engaged in a Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project, which will improve the safety, quality and consistency of patient care as well as streamline processes for care providers and clinicians through a common electronic health record.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect People ● Be compassionate ● Dare to innovate ● Cultivate partnerships ● Serve with purpose
Business Lead, BC Cancer – CST Learning
Reference # 73205
Temporary Full Time (Until March 31, 201 with the possibility of extension)
The Business Lead, BC Cancer CST Learning works in partnership with clinical and operational leaders (Directors, Managers, Clinical Educators, Physician Leaders, Nurse Practitioners etc.,) and regional education leads to ensure overall success of the BC Cancer CST Learning program implementation and sustainability. The Business Lead, providing leadership and consultation, is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of a competency based framework and evaluation strategy across BC Cancer that results in end users proficiency and ultimately adoption of the CIS.
- Leads and manages to the overall leadership in BC Cancer CST Learning in accordance with BC Cancer/PHSA mission, vision, values and strategic direction as well as the team’s vision and philosophy and professional practice standards by fostering a climate of continued learning and growth.
- Consults and liaises on analyzing problems and opportunities, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating CST educational activities and learning solutions with internal clients and external partners.
- Ensures the BC Cancer CST educational programs and learning solutions align with organizational goals.
- Oversees day-to-day management of the project and the team, monitors and provides progress reports to Steering Committees, Executive and/or Board, including identification, management and mitigation/resolution of risks and issues. Monitors project progress and takes corrective action to ensure that project implementation strategies and services continue to operate efficiently and effectively; ensures project reporting requirements are met.
- Consults as a specialized resource on learning and education to a wide range of clients and stakeholders, the Business Lead is required to maintain a current in-depth knowledge of all relevant standards, policies, legislative requirements, educational methodologies, techniques and tools.
Education and Training
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Nursing, Allied Health Sciences or related discipline.
- Seven (7) years of experience in Adult Education and Informatics, including two (2) year’s current Project Management experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability in leading and managing teams.
- The ability to plan, develop, and implement systems to measure and monitor the effectiveness of educational programs and learning solutions.
- The ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results and improve organizational processes and outcomes through effective education and learning.
- The ability to understand to current trends in educational technologies and practices for effective formal and informal education and learning for BC Cancer personnel.
- The ability to think conceptually, critically, analytically, synthetically and evaluatively, to identify issues, solve problems, and design and implement effective learning solutions across systems and stakeholders.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.