BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Health Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCW and BCCH are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Children’s & Women’s Health Centre
Executive Assistant - Sr. Director, Administration & Operations and Manager, Finance
Regular Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: May 7, 2018
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Sr. Director, Administration & Operations (Sr. Director) and Manager, Finance. Triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature, professionally represents the interests of the Sr. Director, the Manager, Finance and the organization, and communicates in a compelling manner to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholder at all levels. The Executive Assistant follows administrative policies and procedures and works independently and with minimal direction to balance priorities and workflow and meet timelines. Coordinates the flow of information, ensures accurate and timely delivery of administrative service assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, submits HR and Finance information, and maintains office equipment and supplies.
- Functions as the confidential liaison for the Sr. Director and Manager, Finance with internal and external stakeholders utilizing strong communication and persuasion abilities and an understanding of stakeholder needs. Responds to verbal and written communication directed to senior staff as instructed. Ensures the necessary flow of information while maintaining appropriate levels of security and confidentiality. Keeps Sr. Director and Manager, Finance appraised of issues and activities.
- Functions as confidential liaison for the Sr. Director and Manager, Finance where applicable with internal and external stakeholders, coordinates flow of information, ensures timely delivery of administrative service assisting in compilation of statistical data, budget development, processing and monitoring expenditures.
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar for the Sr. Director and Manager, Finance as directed, by scheduling and arranging internal and external meetings and travel. Coordinates rooms, teleconference and videoconference meetings.
- Produces and maintains a variety of accurate and well-designed documents including spreadsheets, presentations, correspondence, expense claims, briefing notes, memos, minutes, and meeting agendas, utilizing a variety of software applications. Maintains readily accessible paper-based and electronic information files and archives.
- Works with senior staff to develop and maintain administrative policies. Helps to ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Completes and submits eForms for designated Leaders; processes timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
- Assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus five (5) years progressive related experience, including one (1) year at a senior level, preferably in a health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Ability to work with discretion in preparing and handling confidential or sensitive information, human resource requests and timesheets. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner. Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings. Ability to type 60 words per minute.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process" . Current PHSA staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk email@example.com
Internal competition closes April 26, 2018. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at: www.bcchildrens.ca or www.bcwomens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.