Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence.
These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Senior Business Analyst, Clinical Applications, CST
Reference # 68818
Reporting to the Corporate Manager, Clinical Applications, the Senior Business Analyst (Clinical Applications) is responsible for providing leadership in Business Process Reengineering concepts and methods and leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) clinical projects. The Senior Business Analyst will analyze and document gaps between business requirements and software features and functions and will assist/lead with development and maintenance of statement of work and project plans for Clinical Application projects. The Senior Business Analyst provides project management and support for all phases of assigned clinical systems development and implementation projects. In addition to providing hands-on application support, the Senior Business Analyst also provides guidance and leadership to assigned team members.
- Provides strategic planning support and change management services by leading and performing feasibility studies, workload efficiency analyses, using formal data gathering techniques and analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems. This includes identifying system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Provides support for application maintenance, modification and enhancement through programming, database development, report writing and problem solving.
- Provides guidance and leadership to assigned team members including making adjustments to workload and assignments and participating in decisions relating to hiring, discipline and termination.
- Analyses system performance and provides recommendations for the development of capacity plans for assigned applications.
- Conducts analysis related to data conversion routines and system interfaces for assigned applications.
- Supports operational requirements by assembling, creating and maintaining the required set of information systems technical and operational documentation, according to departmental standards.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years recent related experience which includes clinical information systems implementations and three (3) years in a team lead role.
Demonstrated understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology. Demonstrated ability to lead staff in a team environment. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrated experience organizing and writing application related documentation and proposals. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terminology. Ability to understand and clearly relate technical information and principals of operation to other members of the organization. Ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions, demonstrating time management skills. Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects with stringent budgets and timelines. Main stream project planning software/tools experience preferred. Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on the Clinical and Systems Transformation Project please visit: http://cstproject.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.