The BC Cancer Agency is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer Agency provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BCCA is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
BC Cancer Agency
Radiation Oncology Treatment Planning
Temporary Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: January 2, 2018
End Date: December 31, 2018 (12 months)
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to designated Leader(s) and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services. Coordinates the flow of information, communicates internally and externally to respond to inquiries and clarify details, coordinates appointments and meetings, prepares and processes documents and information, assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, submits HR and Finance information, and maintains office equipment and supplies.
• Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
• Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
• Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
• Assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit, and develops an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
• Completes and submits eForms for designated Leaders; processes timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
• Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner. Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings. Ability to type 60 words per minute.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current PHSA staff who applies to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal competition closes December 12, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.