BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Nutrition
Reference # 65003
Temporary Full Time (Until September 2018)
Wage: $33.61 to $41.94 per hour
The Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Nutrition, in consultation with the Provincial Director, Nutrition, and the Regional Cancer Centre Administrator provides leadership in the development of evidence-based practice in Oncology Nutrition, is involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical services delivered by the Regional Cancer Centre Nutrition Program and provides clinical direction and evaluation of assigned staff. Performs clinical, educational, community development, research, and administrative duties.
Example of Duties/Accountabilities:
- Provides clinical supervision and consultation for Oncology Nutrition Services staff at the Regional Cancer Centre.
- Reviews workload assignments and adjusts schedules according to demands to ensure that staff levels meet operational requirements.
- Evaluates staff performance.
- Recruits staff through methods such as identifying vacancies, processing required internal paperwork, interviewing applicants and making recommendations to the Provincial Director, Nutrition, for selection to maintain approved staff complement.
- Collaborates with the Provincial Director, Nutrition, to develop and monitor the budget for Regional Cancer Centre Oncology Nutrition Services.
- Develops implements and evaluates goals and objectives for the area in conjunction with the Provincial Director, Nutrition, and the Regional Cancer Centre Administrator.
Education, Training and Experience
- Master degree in Nutrition or in a related area from an accredited university.
- Membership in the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and Dietitians of Canada.
- Five years’ clinical nutrition practice with experience in an oncology setting including a minimum of one year of supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, motivator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to accept responsibility, prioritize tasks and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multidisciplinary team with all levels of Centre staff, patients, the public and external health professionals.
- Proficiency in the transfer of nutrition evidence based practice to community providers of nutritional care.
- Experience and competency in program evaluation and research methods in nutritional care services.Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment such as a personal computer and related software programs.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca.
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 15, 2017. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities