The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) provides provincial and national leadership in public health through surveillance, detection, prevention and consultation and provides both direct diagnostic and treatment services to people with disease of public health importance.
The BCCDC is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
BC Centre for Disease Control
Clinical Prevention Services - Education
Regular Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: December 18, 2018
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. The Administrative Coordinator provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Nursing Professional Practice Leaders and the Education Program, and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services. Coordinates the flow of information, communicates internally and externally to respond to inquiries and clarify details, coordinates appointments and meetings, prepares and processes documents and information, assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, submits HR and Finance information, and maintains office equipment and supplies.
• Responsible for the day to day administration of the Clinical Prevention Services’ Education program and works closely with the Manager to provide key administrative support. Manages confidential and sensitive information in support of the Manager, including the preparation and submission of human resource and financial documentation such as E-Forms, responds to related questions and takes follow up action on issues. Notifies Manager and Nursing Practice Leads of issues along with options for resolution.
• Works closely with the Nursing Practice Leads to support quality assurance initiatives and the audit process. Collects relevant data and assists with the analysis of data against prescribed performance criteria. Participates in quality assurance reviews and meetings and provides input on quality improvement related to program administration and staff scheduling.
• Participates in program planning and research within the service line of Clinical Prevention Services by participating in quality and safety initiatives, accreditation and other PHSA initiatives. Provides input into research planning and implementing activities and assisting in review of research results.
• Provides project support by performing duties such as researching information, performing database and on-line searches on various databases, catalogues and Internet sources; provides training to Clinical Prevention Services related to same.
• Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the Nursing Professional Practice Leads appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for their attendance at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
• Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues. Assists with the preparation of correspondence, reports, memos, policy manuals and budget reports. Communicates with broader constituencies including the community, and/or Universities, and assists in the planning, coordinating, organizing and preparing of committee meetings, conferences, and special activities as required.
• Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
• Completes timekeeping for Clinical Prevention Services staff and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary. Provides support for Clinical Prevention Services webpages on the BCCDC website and completes updates as needed.
• Provides oversight and administrative duties related to Clinical Prevention Services handouts.
• Assists in budget development ensuring information is current and accurately compiled, monitors expenditures, ensures invoices are authorized to predetermined amounts, and analyzes and reports variances for program. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized and submitted for payment.
• Operates and maintains audio-visual equipment, and forwards for repair as required.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Diploma in a relevant area such as business or administration from a recognized college plus three (3) years’ recent related experience.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve and/or triage administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner to internal and external enquiries with diplomacy, courtesy and discretion. Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings. Ability to type 60 words per minute.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current PHSA staff who applies to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk email@example.com
Internal competition closes December 12, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.