The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Medical Laboratory Technologist 1, Hematology
The Medical Laboratory Technologist, Hematology performs technical work involved in specimen analysis, microscopy, coagulation testing and specimen procurement in the Hematology subsection of General Laboratory Services Division. As well, the Medical Laboratory Technologist evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports.
Education, Training and Experience
- Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- Graduation from a recognized program in Medical Laboratory Technology, plus one (1) year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-motivated, manage time, and work independently.
- Demonstrates ability to operate related equipment and use related software.
- Demonstrates physical ability to perform the job.
- Knowledge of and technical competence to perform tests used in the assigned section of the laboratory.
- Knowledge of computerized laboratory information systems.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.