The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Medical Laboratory Technologist, Bacteriology and Mycology Program
The Medical Laboratory Technologist, Bacteriology and Mycology Program, isolates, identifies and subtypes bacteria and yeast from specimens using biochemical, serological and molecular methods. Performs antimicrobial susceptibility testing, evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports.
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Current registration with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One year recent, related experience as a Registered Technologist (RT) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, manage time, and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment and related software.
- Demonstrate ability and familiarity with computer software.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the job.
- Demonstrated experience in various molecular methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Assurance principles.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.