BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the Child and Family Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCW and BCCH are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Children's & Women's Health Centre
Paed Central Administration
Physician Administration Coordinator
Regular Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: December 14, 2017
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Physician Administrative Coordinator works independently with minimal direction to balance priorities and maintain office support and administrative processes to ensure effective and efficient workflow for the PABS portfolio. The Coordinator interacts with physician leaders, managers, and administrative support staff to triage queries, convey information and professionally represent the interests of the PABS department. The Coordinator determines courses of action from established alternatives to make decisions that will have a positive impact in the department, exercising initiative, good judgment and ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services.
• Liaises with PHSA HR on HR polices/procedures and Physician terms and conditions of employment.
• Supports human resources tasks and responsibilities related to physicians by exchanging information with internal and external stakeholders as needed. Investigating concerns received from internal sources through relevant follow up with managers/personnel in other departments such as HR Workplace Experience network, Payroll, Employee Records and Benefits and Physician Compensation. Keeping the Manager, Physician Administration informed of the issues, their progressions and their resolutions, and escalating the issue to the appropriate Manager/Department Head for further action as required.
• Coordinates the process for physician attendance records/timekeeping and to maintain accuracy and ensure compliance with PHSA policies. Manages all supporting documentation and makes recommendations around work flow and process within the scope of the position to ensure accurate and timely processing of timekeeping information.
• Maintains a variety of records and files including confidential information, such as physician contracts and agreements, financial information and other sensitive documents relating to the management of the Department using methods that can be easily accessible to assigned staff.
• Assists in budget development ensuring information is current and accurately compiled, monitors expenditures, ensures invoices are authorized to predetermined amounts and analyzes and reports variances. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
• Produces a variety of internal and external documents including correspondence, memos, presentations, spreadsheets, and reports in an accurate and timely manner. Utilizes a variety of software applications to ensure professional standards are maintained, relevant and current data is utilized and end product is appropriately and professionally formatted.
• Provides recommendations in improving work flow and communication to physicians on issues related to payroll, benefits and leaves.
• Assists in the collation and preparation of physician related metrics including those requested by PHSA Corporate.
• Provides support for the recruitment onboarding process of physicians such as coordinating, scheduling interviews, as required.
• Provides input to the overall goals, objectives, and operations of PABS by providing feedback and recommendations and assisting with implementation where appropriate.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in HR or business administration, plus three (3) years of recent related experience in a healthcare setting, as well as the ability to work with discretion in preparing and handling information of a confidential or sensitive nature, specially related to physician human resources and compensation. Enrollment in a HR certificate course is an asset.
Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use related equipment and software packages such as the Microsoft Office Suite at an advanced level. Strong attention to detail and accuracy in maintaining records and data. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; aptitude to listen, ascertain the needs of clients, develop relationships, and respond accordingly in a timely and efficient manner. Working knowledge of standard HR policies and practices, collective agreements. Able to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload to manage concurrent multiple projects and successfully meet deadlines. Work well with frequent interruptions. Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process" . Current PHSA staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal competition closes December 8, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at: www.bcchildrens.ca orwww.bcwomens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.