The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Team Lead, Clinical Applications, Technical
Reporting to the Manager, Acute & Ambulatory Information Services, the Team Lead is responsible for managing the planning, implementation, integration, operation and future enhancement of designated strategic, enterprise-wide Information Systems for Provincial Health Services (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) or designated health service delivery area(s). Provides leadership and direction to staff and applications support across multiple sites. They are the primary contact for enhancement requests and issues. Coordinates responses to user initiatives, requests and issues with team members and other staff as needed to meet the defined objectives of the service. Primary working relationships are with IMIS Regional Managers and working level staff within Integration and Planning, Solutions, and Technology Services as well as managers/directors throughout VCH and external vendors. The incumbent directly leads team members with both clinical and technical expertise such as Clinical Analysts, Senior Systems Analysts, and Systems Analysts/Programmers and provides guidance and direction to Applications Coordinators of clinical areas, as applicable.
- Leadership, guidance and supervision of staff using effective leadership techniques (e.g., coaching, mentoring, skill and leadership development, performance management).
- Ensures systems are supported with the highest levels of service availability and performance.
- Coordinates the activities of staff and resources to ensure they are effectively utilized and assists in the establishment of project management and support structures that will be used by the organization to direct future development and change.
- Ensures problem resolution and customer satisfaction through ongoing communication with all levels of staff within the organization and developing and maintaining productive working relationships with project sponsors and key system users.
- Secures support for the strategic directions of regional systems initiatives by providing specialized knowledge and information to others, liaising on system changes and enhancements and administrative issues, facilitating resolutions, and building relationships.
- Leads the analysis of the current situation and future requirements for the designated service, initiates the development of specific goals and objectives, and sets priorities for planning and implementing strategies.
- Monitors financial resources with respect to operational obligations; takes corrective action as necessary.
Will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Health Information Systems plus five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex healthcare environment. A proven leader with expertise coordinating activities of staff, project work teams and resources to ensure effective project management, and ongoing applications support.
- Uses strong technical knowledge and abilities to ensure system functionality.
- Understands customer clinical and technical issues and develops solutions for achieving operational goals/objectives and ensuring user needs are met.
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of clinical and technical stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Uses persuasive communication abilities to influence change, bring an understanding of clinical practice to systems change, link key stakeholders and build support throughout the change process.
- Uses sound decision-making abilities to address complex and divers systems issues, which could have a significant impact on patient care.
- Maintains an awareness of current information systems trends through literature review, contact with peers at other organizations and attendance at seminars, workshops and educational programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide lateral and strategic direction to solve problems and make decisions.
- Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects with stringent timelines.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.