The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Casual (0.01 FTE) multiple positions available
Start Date: January 3, 2018
Pay Rate: $21.64/hour
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Under the general supervision of the Team Leader, Scheduling & Timekeeping Services performs timekeeping duties for assigned area/department. Utilizing Scheduling & Timekeeping system performs coding of timekeeping information, completes checks and controls, processes pay information and leave transactions.
1. Enters timekeeping information into the Scheduling & Timekeeping system, checks information for accuracy and completeness, and updates data as appropriate in the Timekeeping system. Maintains timekeeping records and submits to appropriate stakeholders.
2. Processes content of transaction forms and applies applicable codes in the scheduling & timekeeping system. Tracks timekeeping exceptions and communicates findings to management.
3. Resolves problems identified during daily data edit routines by investigating time entries, completing time coding adjustments to correct errors or omissions, totals hours and refers complex issues to appropriate authority.
4. Supports payroll processes by performing routine calculations and completing documentation for approval. Responds to payroll related inquiries from departments and employees regarding items such as vacation accumulation, leaves, statutory holiday banks, and determines discrepancies, adjusting hours if applicable.
5. Participates in improvements to scheduling and timekeeping transactional activities by providing feedback on service improvement and system enhancements.
6. Participates as requested in preparation of relevant reference material and documentation to enable consistent application of Timekeeping practices as requested.
7. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, making appointments and maintaining departmental files.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
• Grade 12 and two years' recent related experience supplemented by completion of a recognized payroll course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.