BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the Child and Family Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCW and BCCH are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Children's & Women's Health Centre
Critical Care Administration
Regular Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: December 1, 2017
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to designated Leader(s) and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services. Coordinates the flow of information, communicates internally and externally to respond to inquiries and clarify details, coordinates appointments and meetings, prepares and processes documents and information, assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, submits HR and Finance information, and maintains office equipment and supplies.
• Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
• Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
• Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
• Assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit, and develops an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
• Provides support to and maintains relevant department files, assignment schedules, and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as required.
• Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner. Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings. Ability to type 60 words per minute.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process" . Current PHSA staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk email@example.com
Internal competition closes November 30, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at: www.bcchildrens.ca orwww.bcwomens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.