The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Perinatal Services BC
Temporary Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: November 27, 2017
End Date: May 25, 2018 (6 months)
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director(s) and provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Director(s)/ and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services. Coordinates the flow of information with minimal direction, collaborates with and provides work direction to clerical staff, coordinates appointments and meetings, attends and records minutes of management meetings, interacts with senior leaders, managers/directors and administrative support staff internally and externally to the organization to convey information and professionally represent the interests of the PSBC and the Director/Medical Director utilizing strong persuasion and communication abilities. The Administrative Assistant submits HR and Finance information, prepares and processes sensitive and confidential documents and information, assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, and maintains office equipment and supplies.
- Receives reviews, prioritizes, and processes confidential and sensitive information of varying complexity. Follows-up with Leader and others internal and external to the organization to obtain information. Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Coordinates the work flow for the Director(s). Provides work direction to program clerical staff and participates in the interview process for clerical staff. Develops and implements new work methods and procedures. Identifies problems, develops alternate solutions, and implements changes.
- Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the Director’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision making and meeting facilitation. Makes catering, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and confidential reports. Ensures that end product is appropriately and professionally formatted. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
- Assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit, and develops an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Completes and submits personnel eForms for Director; processes timekeeping for assigned staff; processes confidential personnel information; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary. Designs and maintains filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files including confidential and sensitive documents relating to the management of the Department.
Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the development, interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized post-secondary administrative assistant/secretarial program, additional course work in advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, and four (4) years’ progressive experience supporting senior level management.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner. Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current PHSA staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal competition closes November 28, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.