BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides pre-hospital emergency services and inter-facility patient transfers throughout the province and oversees the BC Ambulance Service and the BC Patient Transfer Network.
Director, Aviation, BC Emergency Health Services
Regular Full Time (37.5 hours per Week)
Monday to Friday 0830-1630
Salary: $85,799 to 123,336/year
Location: 2261 Keating Cross Rd, Victoria, BC V8Z 5T1
Or: 302-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X6
Reporting to the Executive Director Provincial Programs, the Director provides leadership and management of the Aviation portfolio to ensure aviation services meet key operational objectives.
- Develop strategic/operational relationships with local, provincial, national and international stakeholders in health care directly related to achieving operational and quality excellence in aero-medical transport service delivery. Specifically, responsible for leadership of the specialized Aviation Operations of BCEHS.
- Provide strategic leadership in development, implementation, and management of Aviation Operations of BCEHS, ensuring effective and efficient management of staff and financial resources.
- Ensure program strategic planning and vision directly link and support the BCEHS strategic vision and business plan.
- Provide counsel, subject matter expertise and project leadership to BCEHS executive and emerging and strategic issues related to aviation operations.
- Develop key performance indicators ( KPI’s) for aviation operations to ensure performance expectations are met. Resolves issues expeditiously and identifies and implements mitigation strategies to address issues.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and terminate staff, as required.
- Lead, develop, and manage an annual operation budget of $46 million.
- Develop and maintain guidelines, policies and procedures for Aviation Services within BCEHS, which include the development of aviation standards and requirements for Aviation Services, including quality assurance standards regarding aircraft operations and maintenance.
- Implement policy and procedural changes as agreed with the Executive Director, Provincial Programs.
- Assess and report on the performance of the Aviation program to senior management.
- Represent BCEHS at Transport Canada and the Transportation Safety Board regarding aviation standards, requirements for air ambulance operations and investigations.
- Represent BCEHS when working with air carriers regarding the provision of services related to operations and maintenance, to mandate compliance with our contracts, the Canadian Civil Aviation Regulations, Transport Canada Standards, industry best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Research and evaluate aircraft equipment specific to program needs and makes recommendations regarding its potential use.
- Participate in province-wide development of expedited response program initiatives such as auto-launch and early fixed-wing activation in support of the Critical Care Transport Teams and implement operational changes with the contracted air carriers.
- Research, develop, and design procurement Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations, or Request for Qualifications for aviation services that meet the needs of BCEHS and our Critical Care Patient Transport Teams.
- Represent BCEHS to oversee and monitor new service implementations by successful bidders.
- Represent BCEHS on provincial or inter-provincial committees regarding aviation matters and intra/inter-provincial agreements for service delivery.
- Develop and strengthen external linkages with community, various levels of government, other health regions and health related organizations to share best practices and promote the aviation program.
- Direct the issuance of contracts secured with air carriers for air ambulance service.
- Ensure that primary air carriers are audited on a regular basis to determine if contractual and regulatory obligations and requirements are met.
- Ensure the presence, functionality, and testing of contingency plans in the event of a disaster.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Health Services Administration or Business Administration and ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the military or commercial aviation industry with rotary wing and/or fixed wing operational experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of legislation and standards related to the inspecting, licensing and regulating of aircraft, aviation personnel, air carriers, aircraft operators, airports/heliports and supporting facilities and determining certification. Knowledge of the BC emergencv health care system and the delivery of air ambulance services. Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to others. Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to use appropriate strategies to resolve conflict and build consensus between stakeholders on critical issues. Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to analyze and problem-solve complex issues towards creative solutions. Ability to organize and prioritize work, and balance multiple activities concurrently while working effectively under time pressures to meet deadlines. Ability to productively use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and project management software. Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information please contact Brendan Cindrict, Advisor Talent Acquisition at (604) 875-7238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Emergency Health Services offers a very generous benefit package which includes relocation assistance or eligible expenses, 4 weeks vacation entitlement, extended medical, dental and coverage, life & disability insurance plus professional development opportunities with over 1000 online courses available on our Learning Hub.
Closing date: This position will be open until filled.
Visit http://www.bcehs.ca to learn more about the BC Emergency Health Services.
BC Emergency Health Servcies (BCEHS) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, this advertisement is first directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents but international candidates are invited to apply. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. English is the official language used at BCEHS.