The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Agency Director, Patient Safety, Quality and Accreditation
Req # 64150
The Agency Director, Patient Safety, Quality and Accreditation provides senior level leadership to PHSA agencies and is accountable for the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive safety, quality, and performance improvement programs in alignment with the strategic goals of the PHSA and Agency. The Agency Director is responsible for the strategic and operational management of the department, and accountable for leading the ongoing development of centralized patient safety and quality activities and initiatives.
- Leads the development and implementation of Patient Safety and Quality Initiatives (PS&QI) strategies across Programs to improve clinical outcomes, patient/client access and safety. Develops a Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Plan by collaborating with Agency leaders, and evaluating the plan annually to assess the outcome for patient safety.
- Provides advice and consultation to agency leadership regarding the complex issues, activities and goals of the agency, while minimizing the risk to the patients, the professional staff and the organization. Responsible for ensuring Agency, Board, Ministry or other reporting requirements are maintained.
- Ensures patient safety, quality improvement, and accreditation reporting requirements meet PHSA standards through development of programs, policies and initiatives, review, evaluation and assessment, Reviews and assesses information generated from the Patient Safety and Learning System and makes recommendations to Agency leadership. Ensures recommendations from critical reviews, litigation, and Coroner’s reports are implemented.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships within the Department, organization and external agencies, and stakeholders related to quality performance initiatives. Promote team spirit, trust and mutual respect. Formulates, implements, and evaluates strategic plans, goals and objectives for the department that aligns with the strategic plans of the Agency and the PHSA.
- Provides leadership to build consensus and the ability to engage employees; establishes respectful stakeholder relationships, leveraging on knowledge-sharing to ensure staff are informed and equipped to handle changes that impact their responsibilities. Builds and maintains organizational awareness of and promote a strong positive profile of PS&QI at the agency.
- Leads and directs agency based team who provide service and support to Programs regarding initiatives and programs; ensures Accreditation activities and reporting is maintained and appropriate/timely response to patient complaints and concerns. Manages and develops operating budget.
Masters prepared in Nursing, Health Administration, related health discipline or other relevant area, plus a minimum of 10 years of clinical practice and professional management/leadership. Demonstrated team-building, facilitation and presentation skills and proven ability to work collaboratively across functional units and in a matrix organization to achieve common goals. Knowledgeable and experienced in current quality and patient safety literature, programs and tools specific to the health care industry that is supported by an ongoing commitment to innovation and continuous quality improvement. Knowledge and expertise in Quality Management, Performance Improvement, Patient Safety and Accreditation standards. Highly skilled communicator, possess excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to promote an environment that motivates others, maximizes the potential of individuals, and negotiates effectively to resolve conflict.
Apply today to qualify for an interview by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.