The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Medical Technologist 2 (Additional Procedures)
Within the context of a client service culture and under general supervision, position performs a variety of routine and/or complex tests including additional procedures utilizing manual procedures and automated instruments within designated areas of the Laboratory. Position is also responsible for functions such as greeting patients, collecting and/or receiving specimens, entering data into a computerized laboratory system, validating and reporting test results, maintaining instruments and preparing solutions and control agents in accordance with established procedures and safety standards.
Education, Training and Experience
- Current registration with the Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists.
- Current registration as a Registered Technologist (General) with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Sciences, plus two (2) years of recent, related laboratory experience including one year of experience related to the area of the Additional Procedure and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively in a supportive and positive manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.