The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Specialist, Workforce Management Solutions (WMS)
Temporary Full-time (December 2017 to May 2018)
Reporting to the Manager, Workforce Management Solutions (WMS) within the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), the Specialist, WMS provides expert advice in relation to the delivery of optimal solutions for efficient access to information related to the staff scheduling and timekeeping functions across PHSA. The Specialist, WMS also contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of activities to ensure that the Workforce Management Solutions tools, processes and systems are working efficiently in order to improve scheduling and timekeeping transactional and reporting activities.
- Responds to user queries and inquiries, logs, triages, tracks and escalates issues to permit timely resolution. Assists timekeepers with error correction remotely or through step-by-step instructions. Assists users with the creation and modification of rotations and schedules.
- Provides training to new or existing Workforce Management Solutions users through methods such as developing training materials and tools, and workshops, documenting processes and procedures, and delivering individual or group sessions. Develops, directs and provides orientation to both existing and new staff on new processes and systems.
- Assists Manager with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Workforce Management Solutions strategies designed to address the organization’s overall systems and efficiency objectives.
- Assesses client data needs and requirements and develops solutions to enable clients to achieve required business objectives. Reviews and makes recommends regarding existing or new reports, metrics and scheduling and timekeeping requirements. Develops and revises reports, metrics and requirements as required. Generates reports and metrics as required.
- Configures user rights application including adding and inactivating users, changing users, and adding, changing and inactivating rules and security profiles.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Administration plus five (5) years of recent related experience working in a human resource environment including experience with human resource and payroll processes, including collective agreement and legislative requirements, customizing systems including developing new fields, tables and panels, in analyzing human resource processes and leading implementation, training for all ability levels on system functionality.
Ability to be customer service focused. Knowledge of database management principles. Advanced knowledge of relevant database, spreadsheet and human resources information systems. Ability to develop complex and customized queries and reports. Strong analytical, problem solving and system analysis skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Team player. Excellent time management skills. Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks. Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.