BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides pre-hospital emergency services and inter-facility patient transfers throughout the province and oversees the BC Ambulance Service and the BC Patient Transfer Network.
Lead, Service Improvement, Quality Transformation
The Lead, Service Improvement, Quality, & Transformation is responsible for various projects and initiatives rooted in provincial integration of services and processes as well as organizational transformation. The position is responsible for providing leadership and promoting the philosophy and goals of the organization by applying and evaluating practice standards, policies, and procedures. Functions as a systems leader and change agent, providing consultation, advice and assistance to Provincial Programs. Works closely with the Executive Director for Provincial Programs and ensures the provision of an inter-professional work environment and care to patients through the maintenance of working relationships and liaison with the various departments at BCEHS.
Integration projects focus on aligning, consolidating and integrating business processes on a provincial scale, and on integrating activities to ensure efficient end-to-end business processes. The role works toward the goals of enhanced value to patient care and the health care system through increased process efficiency, standardization, program management and evaluation. Enhanced service quality through delivery of customer and patient focused services; and, Improved alignment and integration internally and across Health Authorities.
- Manages and coordinates service improvement and transformations projects including: project management, change management, communications, business process, training and education, policy and procedures, stakeholder engagement, governance and structure, service delivery model development, human resources and labor relations.
- Leads/co-ordinates projects undertaken by Critical Care & Provincial Programs; will ensure the deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan.
- Implements quality improvement initiatives and recommends policy or practice changes related to all aspects of Critical Care & Provincial Program.
- Establishes detailed project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables. Executes project plans according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plans and identified metrics. Monitors and reports on the status of projects and major barriers encountered. Makes decisions and recommendations regarding projects scope and related changes required to facilitate a successful outcome. Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works effectively with other BCEHS business units and other service groups in PHSA and the Health Authorities. Primary customer is the Executive Director, Provincial Programs along with all members of the BCEHS SLT and Chief Operating Officer. Works closely with all program areas at BCEHS.
Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline. Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community. LEAN, Change Management Certification and Project Management preferred. Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Five (5) to seven (7) years recent, related experience in transformational change and project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups. Diverse knowledge and experience with various healthcare back-office functions including accreditation, quality improvement and patient safety learning systems.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with interviews anticipated to begin November 30th, 2017 .
Visit http://www.bcehs.ca to learn more about the BC Emergency Health Services.