BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the Child and Family Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia
BCCH and SHHC are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
BC Children’s Hospital Teck Acute Care Centre is now open!
The Teck Acute Care Centre will be the heart of BC Children’s Hospital and the flagship for the transformation of child health in BC. This state-of-the-art facility will provide an innovative healing environment with patient and family needs at its heart.
Come join a passionate team that is committed to
the best care for children and their families.
Registered Nurse – Post-Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
Regular Part Time Opportunities (0.8)
BC Children’s Hospital,
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduate from an approved program of Nursing Education.
- Current practicing registration with the CRNBC.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1.
- One year of recent pediatric PACU experience in a tertiary level setting or one year of recent pediatric critical care experience in a tertiary level setting or a combination of Pediatric Critical Care Courses, Post Anesthetic nursing courses, PeriAnesthesia Nursing Course or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively to children and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
For more information, contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com /604-875-7291 or the Nursing Recruitment Team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org / 1-866-744-7363.
For more information about BC Children's Hospital, please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
For more information on all nursing careers that PHSA has to offer, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.