Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is one of the largest healthcare projects in British Columbia’s history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a large-scale transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, healthcare providers and health organizations.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
CST Clinical Informatics Lead- Pediatrics
Regular Full Time
Reporting to the Clinical Informatics Director, the CST Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead, Regional Programs/Services plays a critical, strategic leadership role in the Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Initiative, across Provincial Health Services Authority, Providence Health Care, Vancouver Coastal Health including Lower Mainland Consolidation Services (LMCS). The Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead serves as the lead strategic liaison between CST, the regional programs/specialty, Professional Practice, and other key stakeholders within PHSA/PHC/VCH including LMCS and provides expert consultative direction to operational, physician, and practice leaders within the designated area of responsibility.
The Collaborative Clinical Informatics Lead has a fundamental role in the success of this complex, multi-organizational clinical transformation initiative, through the provision of critical consultative leadership, clinical informatics expertise, planning, and direction at the multi health authority Program/Specialty Level and with all CST work streams, to ensure the scale and fundamental nature of clinical transformation required is understood at appropriate leadership levels, the achievement of CST drivers/goals and the delivery of a well-planned strategy in collaboration with the health organization leaders.
- Provides clinical informatics leadership to relevant operational leaders, physicians, stakeholder groups and CST to ensure information technology design and future state workflows provide the best opportunities to support and transform clinical practice, education, administration and research across the continuum of care and across specified programs and/or specialties within all health organizations.
- Drives best practice and best clinical outcomes for the program(s)/services within the designated area of responsibility by collaborating with stakeholders across the three health organizations (HO’s) to lead design that is based on best evidence and professional standards, meets organizational requirements, and evaluates and monitors success to ensure effective implementation of quality and system improvements.
- Liaises with, guides and provides consultative direction within the area of responsibility to ensure clinical processes for future state design are aligned with the CST drivers and the regional program/specialty areas across the three health organizations. Provides supervision, leadership, guidance and support to designated operational leaders, physicians, project consultants/staff as required within assigned clinical program/specialty.
- Leads broad groups of stakeholders across the three health organizations in order to identify clinical and business requirements. Facilitates consensus, consults, negotiates and shares information in order to achieve a common, comprehensive, enhanced and standardized future-state electronic health record that addresses the needs and strategic directions of the overall program(s)/ service line(s)/ portfolio(s).
- Problem-solves and addresses potential barriers to success.
- Facilitates health organization teams in validating the required data elements for measurement of process and outcomes, and ensures they are incorporated into system design and used to transform clinical practices across the HO’s.
- Participates in the development of future state clinical content (e.g. order sets, care pathways, etc.), workflows and all necessary linkages to recommend appropriate clinical decision support interventions (CDS) and future state workflows.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics supplemented with seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in leading major clinical or quality improvement initiatives in a large, complex health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience with previous clinical systems design and implementation preferred. Ability to travel.
- Strong understanding of clinical information/data and how these are managed, used and operationalized within the clinical information system to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the implementation of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated leadership in clinical and policy change.
- Broad knowledge of the applicable standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of clinical process, workflows, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants.
- Demonstrated clinical informatics expertise, with the ability to apply systems and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates strategic, creative and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, communication and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict, achieve desired outcomes and address potential barriers to success.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize current computer applications (Microsoft Office, etc.) and computerized health care application(s).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or related process improvement principles.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project please visit http://cstproject.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.