BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford, and Prince George.
BC Cancer is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Screening Promotions Coordinator
Temporary Full Time (Until November 2, 2018)
Reporting to the Leader, Screening Promotions and as a member of the Screening Promotions team, the Coordinator will participate in the creation and implementation of strategies and solutions to promote BCCA’s cancer screening programs to eligible populations. This position will focus on creating cancer screening awareness and increasing participation rates by using a variety of techniques including, but not limited to: creating partnerships and public relations opportunities, online and traditional marketing and community outreach. In consultation with program leadership, the Coordinator will create and maintain all marketing collateral for Screening Programs: conceive, produce and manage advertising, plan messaging and provide expertise and guidance to peers in writing, editing and producing consistent and quality communications materials.
- Collaborates with Screening Program leadership to develop and implement screening promotion plans by providing recommendations for improvements and refinements to promotions activities based on program needs.
- In collaboration with the Promotions Team, analyzes screening participation rates, client satisfaction data, and researches information on knowledge and belief of screening to develop promotion strategies that respond to participation rates and improve service. Follows up with the Leader for approval prior to implementation.
- Coordinates the development and production of promotion and education materials such as brochures, posters, newsletters and media promotion/advertisement by designing, writing and approving content in documents. Liaises with vendors to ensure the production of documents will meet deadlines.
- Creates presentation materials targeting a variety of audiences including physicians, health service administrators and the general public and follows up with appropriate stakeholders to ensure content is correct and appropriate.
- Oversees the maintenance of the website including conducting periodic reviews of content and links, soliciting and proposing improvement ideas and coordinating content approval and change.
- Creates press releases, interview opportunities and seeks other opportunities such as participation in health promotion events, health fairs and workplace health promotion presentations that will increase awareness of cancer screening.
- Maintains a reader base for all Screening Program engagement channels (web, newsletters etc.) by ensuring content is relevant, timely and compelling.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as a Journalism, Public Relations or Communications and a minimum of three years of experience in a communications or marketing role.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) and the ability to create compelling publications. Demonstrated skill and proficiency in organizational electronic communication technology, desktop publishing and web-based technology practices. Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy. Excellent decision making skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to prioritize workload including the flexibility to reprioritize quickly to meet changing priorities. Ability to work under time pressure to meet deadlines and assist others to meet deadlines. Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Strong organizational skills. Ability to use related equipment including project management, word processing and spreadsheet software at an advanced level. Strong project management skills.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities