The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
To learn more, please visit the CST Project website at www.cstproject.ca
Clinical Informatics Analyst, Maternity Program
As a Clinical Informatics Analyst, you will report to the Clinical Informatics Director and provide a key role in operationalizing CST goals, drivers and key clinical priorities at both the enterprise level and program/specialty levels.
As part of the Clinical Informatics team, you will:
- Lead CST strategies and plans related to clinical systems implementation and ongoing optimization at the site level and develop supporting business plans.
- Identify and articulate gaps between current and future state clinical business processes and lead ongoing review and revision of clinical content within clinical applications to reflect best practice.
- Through consultation with a variety of stakeholders, collect requirements, facilitate analysis, and ensure validation through design and build, and integration into clinical workflows at the site level.
- Participate in program evaluation and quality improvement for clinical information systems including gathering and analyzing utilization patterns, statistics, PSLS reports and change requests.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst provides project management and support for all phases of assigned clinical systems development and implementation projects and also provides guidance to assigned team members. Continuous quality improvement and patient safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or in another health care related discipline plus five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a clinical maternity setting.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Valid BC driver’s license as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic clinical concepts, processes, technologies and workflow methods for purposes of analysis, design, development, implementation and enhancements of clinical information systems and applications.
- Keen understanding of the health care delivery, from a patient to clinician relationship, clinician to clinician relationship, and from health system operations perspective.
- Knowledge of clinical policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Expertise in the clinical utilization of clinical information systems.
- Proven consistent ability to keep up with new technologies as they are introduced to the workplace.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation, interviewing, consulting, and facilitating skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to work independently, and ability to organize workload and priorities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.