The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Business Intelligence Analyst, HRIS WMO
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst reports to the Manager/Lead and is primarily focused on developing and maintaining “Extract Transform Load” (ETL) solutions for Human Resources (HR)/Workplace Health related data sources. The BI Analyst works closely with colleagues to audit identify and follow-up on issues related to data quality, metric definitions or process deficiencies. Responsibilities also include database development and monitoring, data modeling, data dictionary development and maintenance, ad-hoc reporting, report development, documentation, maintenance of users and user permissions. The BI Analyst is responsible for problem identification and documentation with respect to data stored in HRIS/WMO (WHITE, MSDS and OHS Connect) databases. This position is also responsible for support and liaison with Technology Services for hardware and network problems as it relates to HRIS/WMO data warehouse and BI environments.
The role requires excellent analytical skills and ability to turn complex business requirements into analysis ready data-sets, data-marts, cubes or data-models. The BI Analyst communicates with HR/Workplace Health staff and stakeholders at all levels to ensure their requirements are met. Having access to private and sensitive data, this role requires the knowledge of privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Designs, develops and maintains HRIS/WMO databases, ETL, OLAP cubes, reports, dashboards and other BI content as required. Works collaboratively with clients and business analysts to gather requirements, create definitions and specifications and translate those into data models, ETL packages and reports as appropriate. Writes ad-hoc queries and reports to support HR/Workplace Health analysts and leaders in data analysis. Creates and maintains report subscriptions for HR/Workplace Health staff and operational leaders across participating organizations.
- Administers the SQL Server databases (data marts) including security, user permissions, performance and usage monitoring. Maintains data quality and ensures data integrity and daily refresh of HRIS/WMO data warehouse and OLAP cubes and BI content. Maintains lookup tables, writes technical and user documentation, troubleshoots issues with reports, data sources, performance and other related duties. Maintains the reporting environment (SQL SSRS, Tableau, SharePoint TeamSites). Ensures that HRIS/WMO databases, reports and other BI content are developed and maintained in accordance with PHSA Privacy and Confidentiality guidelines.
- Provides first line support to users for all HRIS/WMO published BI content. Provides technical and educational support to colleagues and HR/Workplace Health stakeholders and report writers.
- Collaborates with Technology Services (HSSBC), vendors and other teams on hardware and software implementation, upgrades and troubleshooting as it relates to HRIS/WMO database and BI software and hardware. Communicates with various external clients such as HEABC, Ministry Of Health, and WSBC on definitions, ad-hoc queries and regular data/report submissions as directed by HR/Workplace Health stakeholders.
- Evaluates the current solutions, researches new and alternative technologies, processes and approaches according to industry best practices.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science from a recognized school, plus a minimum of three (3) years recent related work experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
An in-depth working knowledge of relational and multidimensional (OLAP) databases as well as a proven knowledge and experience in working with SQL Server BI stack. Administrative experience including setting up new users, monitoring performance, and query tuning.
Ability and experience to develop technical documentation. Ability to understand management reporting and statistical concepts. Demonstrated ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions. Ability to work in teams on projects with little or no supervision. Self-directed and motivated to learn new technology including hardware, software applications, and programming applications. Ability to organize workload, set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment. Ability and flexibility to multi-task. Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.