The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Public Health Technologist, CPRLL
Temporary Full Time (Until September 07, 2018)
The Central Processing and Receiving LLL Technologist performs technical testing such as biochemical, serological, molecular and immunoassays on clinical specimens, evaluates, verifies results, prepares related reports for Virology and Microbiology and responds to customer service issues.
Education, Training and Experience
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology and certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) OR Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or related biological science plus one (1) year of recent, related experience including experience in a research based laboratory or an equivalent combination of education, training and recent related experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, manage time, and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment and use related software.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 21, 2017. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.