Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is one of the largest healthcare projects in British Columbia’s history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a large-scale transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, healthcare providers and health organizations.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Clinical Team Associate – Registered Nurse – Emergency Design Team
Temporary Full Time (Until September 2018)
Monday to Friday 0830-1630
Wage: $32.94 to $43.24 per hour
Reporting to the Clinical & Systems Transformation Team Lead, the Clinical Team Associate is responsible to ensure Clinical Process is the foundation for all design of the Clinical & Systems Transformation project (CST) across Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in collaboration with the Service Provider with the goal of improving clinical workflows and care for patients.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Participates in design sessions and assists the Team Lead in meeting preparations, sessions activities and idea promotion during sessions, post session follow up, outcome completion, decision, action and outcome documentation.
- Brings best practice to the team through reviewing and summarizing interdisciplinary research and local/ national standards of practice, reviewing best practices presented in sessions, ensuring work is within clinical standards of care.
- Engages and obtains input from colleagues across the health organizations and summarizes feedback for the working groups’ consideration.
- Accountable for working collaboratively with all members of the team to ensure that project deliverables are met within the target timelines.
- Works to support optimal standardization of care practice and associated workflow processes across the care settings while also supporting flexibility for unique requirements.
Education, Training and Experience
Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC). Two (2) to four (4) years’ recent, related clinical experience in Emergency.
Skills and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of the applicable standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to represent your clinical specialty and across the continuum of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical practice and work flows in other health care settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workflows in own clinical area and others.
- Proven ability to engage and coordinate activities within a work setting.
- Proven ability to generate required outcomes from initiatives with specific purpose.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean or related process improvement principles.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project please visit http://cstproject.ca/our-work/clinical-transformation
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.