BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS), formerly the Emergency and Health Services Commission (EHSC), is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority. BCEHS will continue with a mandate of providing provincial ambulance and emergency health services under the Emergency and Health Services Amendment Act, 2013. BCEHS oversees BC Ambulance Service and the BC Patient Transfer Network. BCEHS is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority which manages high-quality specialized health care services across British Columbia.
Application Test Developer
Pay Rate: $32.71/hour
Reporting to the Manager of Application Development & Integration, the Application Test Developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and executing automated tests to support changes that are introduced to the deployed environments on an on-going basis; working with Business Analysts to create test cases and test plans for each of BCEHS’s applications; develop custom software solutions and reports to support BCEHS’s line of business (LOB) needs.
- Perform risk assessment of each change being introduced into the system and prepare test strategy based on test effort, test scope and resources required to execute those tests.
- Create automated tests using test plans for various types of regression tests for applications used by each business area, including Dispatch Operations, Patient Transfer, Service Delivery and Medical Programs.
- Maintain record of each test that was executed for each change against each LOB application for auditing purposes.
- Clearly document and assist in resolving defects found during testing in Jira (bug tracking system).
- Write test reports and present them to appropriate stakeholders, such as business area leads and business analysts.Provide training to developers, technical and business analysts, on the use and execution of automated tests.
- Document test processes, automated tests and produce technical description of how to setup and execute each test plan.
- Support senior developers where necessary to build custom solutions and reports to meet LOB needs.
- Assist IT Operations staff and help desk in software forensic type of analysis to determine the root cause of any software issues that occur in the field for any of BCEHS’s LOB applications.
- Be a lead/single point of contact for all functional testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Define, improve and maintain effective and efficient testing processes and procedures for BCEHS.
- Develop, deploy, maintain and execute automated regression tests to increase test coverage and test efficiency for all current, new or changed LOB applications.
- Work with the business analysts to create, maintain and document test cases and test plans for each of our LOB applications.
- Clearly document defects found during testing in a bug tracking system.
- Attend weekly triage meetings with business analysts, developers and vendors to assess incidents reported within the incident management tool (Issue Tracker).
- Assist business analysts in execution of manual tests as outlined in test plans.
- Help direct business analysts in using proper testing methodologies for blackbox and whitebox testing.
- Collaborate closely with developers, business analysts, project managers and IT Operations team to investigate and resolve software related issues.
- Assists software developers with the creation and maintenance of custom built software solutions including writing code.
- Assists with the creation of custom LOB application reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Training and experience in the user of automated test tools (such as Selenimum and TestComplete)
Training and experience in the use of source control software, incident management and bug tracking systems (such as SVN, GIT, JIRA and IssueTracker)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Visit http://www.bcas.ca to learn more about the BC Ambulance Service.