The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) provides provincial and national leadership in public health through surveillance, detection, prevention and consultation and provides both direct diagnostic and treatment services to people with disease of public health importance.
The BCCDC is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
BC Centre for Disease Control
Lab Administrative Clerk
Regular Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Pay Rate: $19.43/hour
Start Date: September 8, 2017
The Laboratory Administrative Clerk performs general clerical functions such as data entry and general word processing.
1. Performs data entry functions and general word processing such as inputting test/client information into relevant computerized systems, maintaining relevant registers, and typing from rough draft or general instruction, including correspondence, reports, and documents.
2. Operates a phone, and directs calls, receives and relays messages, receives and directs visitors, and responds to in-person and telephone inquiries. Refers problems to supervisor.
3. Performs general record management duties such as assembling files, assigning file numbers, preparing file folders, and filing and distributing documents and files.
4. Assists with completing test information by contacting specimen submitters when required sample information is incomplete.
5. Receives, records, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, internal correspondence, and courier documents.
6. Performs general office functions such as booking and setting up meeting rooms, and maintaining a stock of supplies in the work area.
7. Operates office equipment such as photocopiers, shredders, and fax machines, and carries out minor maintenance, such as loading paper, removing paper jams, cleaning glass, and changing toner cartridges. Refers further maintenance required to supervisor.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
•Grade 12 and one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm.
•Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
•Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
•Ability to work deal with others effectively.
•Ability to operate related equipment.
•Ability to organize work.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
***Employees of PHSA must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current PHSA staff who applies to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Please visit internaljobs.phsa.ca to register your internal profile and apply online for internal jobs. If you require a temporary password outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal competition closes July 31, 2017. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.