BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Registered Nurse, Brachytherapy Perioperative RT – Centre for the Southern Interior
Wage: $32.94 to $43.24 per hour
Work Shifts: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 0700-1500, 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630
Centre for the Southern Interior
399 Royal Avenue,
Utilizing theory-based practice, the General Duty Staff Nurse, Radiation Therapy provides nursing care such as patient assessment and patient and family education related to treatment, process and side effects consistent with established policies and standards of care. Provides perioperative nursing care to surgical patients.
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
- Graduate of an advanced nursing specialty program in operating room or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Current CPR (Level C) certification as well as demonstrated IV skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated relevant clinical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to organize patient care and set priorities.
For more information on all the nursing careers that PHSA has to offer, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.