Become part of a talented team of clinical practitioners
A place where you can make a real difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
A big responsibility? Absolutely. But if you’re up for the challenge, we’re on the lookout for amazing professionals to join our team of talented individuals with a passion for improving the health of the maternal and neonatal population. Through advanced clinical care, effective disease prevention and health promotion strategies you will increase value by providing patient-centred, quality services that are known to achieve better health outcomes, improved use of health care resources, and better experiences that matter to our patients and families.
Nurse Practitioner – NICU
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre
BC Women’s Hospital has new opportunities for Nurse Practitioners to join our NICU team. This is an advanced practice nurse role focused on the medical management and care coordination for critically ill neonates in collaboration with attending neonatologists, medical house staff and the entire health care team. The role includes responsibility for diagnosis and comprehensive management of acute and chronic conditions. You will initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the NP regulatory standards. The NP role in the NICU will work with the interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive support to neonates including diagnosing, developing treatment plans and initiating therapy. The NICU Nurse Practitioner provides professional guidance to other health professionals in the program and participate autonomously and collaboratively as a members of a large interdisciplinary health team ensuring the best care of critically ill neonates and support to their families.
BC Women’s Hospital is the quaternary neonatal referral centre and home to the largest NICU in the province. In our 70 Single Family Room unit we care for approximately 1,200 babies each year, admitted from across British Columbia and Yukon Territory. BC Women’s NICU is a national and international leader in advancing an innovative model of care called Mother Baby Care where mothers and babies are not separated after birth and cared for in a combined model of care. BCW NICU is grounded in a philosophy of family integrated care characterized by mutual respect and shared decision-making between the parent and health care team and where parents are encouraged to be active caregivers for their baby.
What are the benefits?
- Become part of the first NICU NP team at BC Women’s Hospital
- Join an expert team of clinical professionals and work in a high caliber academic environment
- Receive training in our employer paid and sponsored NP Neonatal Training Program at BCW’s and the first NP Neonatal Training Program in the province
- Come work in the brand-new Teck Acute Care Centre with state-of- the-art technology and equipment.
- Further advance Mother Baby Care the integrated Family Centred models of care and contribute to knowledge generation and translation of innovative models that improve maternal newborn health outcomes.
- Ignite your passion and drive for innovation and quality improvement to improve neonatal health care delivery and maternal newborn outcomes.
How can you find out more about unique opportunity?
- Attend one of our host NP Neonatal Foundation Training Program information sessions – also available virtually for NP’s outside of the Lower Mainland
- Tour our NICU and shadow one of our team members
- Contact our Agency NP Lead and NP Neonatal Foundation Training Program Coordinator (Laura Vicol) at 778-980-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Call our Talent Acquisition team today at 604 875-7216 or email email@example.com to apply
Current registration as a Family or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP). Must be eligible to complete the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) through the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP). Minimum of (4) years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience, 2 of which were in the NICU or other critical care area.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to perform the full scope of Nurse Practitioner duties and responsibilities. You are able to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations. Your key strengths include strong skills in communication and collaboration with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis as well as ability to lead a team. You are also able to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices and have the skills to introduce education and evidence-based research into practice areas.
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care and excellent patient experience and want to join a dedicated team of specialists, we invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.