The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Senior Business Analyst, Clinical Applications
Reporting to the Corporate Manager, Clinical Applications, the Senior Business Analyst (Clinical Applications) is responsible for providing leadership in Business Process Reengineering concepts and methods and leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) clinical projects. The Senior Business Analyst will analyze and document gaps between business requirements and software features and functions and will assist/lead with development and maintenance of statement of work and project plans for Clinical Application projects. The Senior Business Analyst provides project management and support for all phases of assigned clinical systems development and implementation projects. In addition to providing hands-on application support, the Senior Business Analyst also provides guidance and leadership to assigned team members.
- Provides strategic planning support and change management services by leading and performing feasibility studies, workload efficiency analyses, using formal data gathering techniques and analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems. This includes identifying system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Provides support for application maintenance, modification and enhancement through programming, database development, report writing and problem solving.
- Provides guidance and leadership to assigned team members including making adjustments to workload and assignments and participating in decisions relating to hiring, discipline and termination.
- Analyses system performance and provides recommendations for the development of capacity plans for assigned applications.
- Conducts analysis related to data conversion routines and system interfaces for assigned applications.
- Supports operational requirements by assembling, creating and maintaining the required set of information systems technical and operational documentation, according to departmental standards.
- Prepares Requests for Information/Proposal, develops evaluation processes and tools, and evaluates vendor responses.
- Coordinates and implements applications by ensuring documentation, writing and testing of applications and verifying that programs are functional and consistent with specifications.
- Provides system support to users during the development, maintenance and operation of various computer systems by performing duties such as troubleshooting system software problems, testing alternative solutions, and reviewing impact of implemented resolutions over time.
- Develops user documentation and downtime and disaster recovery procedures for assigned applications.
- Performs analysis of PHSA agency information system requirements and vendor analysis/selection including project management for the acquisition and implementation of new information systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Provides technical and business direction and guidance to other project staff by identifying staff required, assigning tasks to staff, setting priorities and reassigns work when necessary to ensure project deadlines are met.
- In conjunction with senior staff or manager, participates in contract negotiations with vendors.
- Coordinates and manages the development and execution of project plans, prepares and monitors project budgets and communicates status reports.
- Leads and participates in the analysis, acceptance criteria definition, development, testing, training, implementation and maintenance phases of assigned projects. Carries out post-implementation reviews and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Provides advice and direction to clients on methods to improve performance efficiencies through the use of automated tools and revised work processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years recent related experience which includes clinical information systems implementations and three (3) years in a team lead role.
Demonstrated understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology. Demonstrated ability to lead staff in a team environment. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrated experience organizing and writing application related documentation and proposals. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terminology. Ability to understand and clearly relate technical information and principals of operation to other members of the organization. Ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions, demonstrating time management skills. Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects with stringent budgets and timelines. Main stream project planning software/tools experience preferred. Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.