Providence Health Care is the Lead Health Authority for the Lower Mainland Health Information Management (HIM) Consolidation. Recognized as part of a collaborative initiative between four of British Columbia’s largest healthcare employers, Providence Health Care, Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, and Vancouver Coastal Health, who combined employ over 60,000 staff and have sites spanning areas from Powell River to Richmond, and through to Hope, British Columbia, the HIM team is committed to providing quality service to patients and clients alike. Health Information Management’s vision is to support and improve the planning and delivery of health care by leading in the adoption and development of knowledge & technology, and the sharing of best practices for Registration, Transcription, Coding and Record Management services.
Coordinator Records Management (CHIMA)
Regular Full Time
$29.08p/hr - $36.24p/hr
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Coordinator oversees and coordinates various services at designated HIM site(s) such as record and document processing, reception, record completion and release of information. Working closely with the Leader, Process, Standards & ROI, the position is also responsible for implementing health record management processes at various community sites/locations in accordance with HIM policies, procedures, standards and processes. Supervises and evaluates staff, coordinates and adjusts work assignments, provides direction and guidance on work issues and operational priorities, identifies opportunities for improvements in work processes, monitors the area budget, participates in and implements quality improvement activities and develops and implements policies and procedures and/or work standards.
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduation from a recognized Health Information Management program and three (3) years recent, related experience including one (1) year in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) Certified.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ License and use of own vehicle required.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of health records management systems, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, supervise and train others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate working groups and provide consultative services to others.
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations and instruct others in an individual or group environment.
- Demonstrated ability to implement policies and procedures and solutions in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, motivator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new and unexpected events and to deal with and/or guide others in the resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the link below:
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.