Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Business Support Analyst, CST
Temporary Full-time (May 2017 to November 2017)
Reporting to the designated Manager/Director, the Business Analyst is an integral member of the team providing guidance to senior staff to determine requirements for new health informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting, and program development. Through knowledge of the health system, the Business Support Analyst documents and analyzes processes, gathers requirements, performs best practice reviews, gathers data to support, prioritize and align business case development and requests, and performs current state assessments and gap analysis on initiatives. The Business Support Analyst liaises with a broad spectrum of clinical, IT and business stakeholders and leaders to assist in translating technical issues into a single, shared and realistic vision.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand project structures, policies, workflows, requirements and operations to identify, model and document business, process, and data requirements
- Acts as an advisor to the team(s) by assessing project risks, identifying risk mitigation strategies and opportunities and monitoring risk throughout the life cycle of the project. Recommends solutions to achieve goals and outcomes.
- Supports testing; the development of implementation materials; and process definition and design.
- Gathers, analyzes and summarizes data; collates and presents findings.
- Translates technical issues and architectural complexities in a manner that assists project stakeholders in understanding issues more clearly.
- Works collaboratively with Lead/Manager in establishing and maintaining processes, policies, procedures and project control documentation. Monitors and evaluates process efficiency.
- Works with project stakeholders to test and validate requirements and analysis models by various methods such as reviews, walkthroughs, etc. as appropriate. May assist in writing user acceptance test cases and liaise between project stakeholders and testing groups.
- Provides project management support to coordinate and monitor the project and key deliverables.
- Supports the project governance structure, including the development of meeting materials, escalation of decisions, maintenance of decision/action logs and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Interacts with stakeholders at all levels, receives input, and prepares reports for all levels of governance and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in health care or information management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior analytical skills, documentation, workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills planning scope, handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Technical writing experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of information technology applications and outcomes achieved through new platforms
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
For more information on the Clinical Systems Transformation Project please visit: http://cstproject.ca
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.