BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS), formerly the Emergency and Health Services Commission (EHSC), is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority. BCEHS will continue with a mandate of providing provincial ambulance and emergency health services under the Emergency and Health Services Amendment Act, 2013. BCEHS oversees BC Ambulance Service and the BC Patient Transfer Network. BCEHS is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority which manages high-quality specialized health care services across British Columbia.
Client Support Analyst
Regular Full Time (Two Positions)
Pay Rate: $30.67/hour
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of BC Emergency Health Services, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at BC Emergency Health Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all patient and employee safety aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Client Support Analyst functions in a diverse IT environment and provides unscripted first and second level troubleshooting. This role supports and responds to inquiries/requests for IMIT related equipment, maintenance, repairs and services which are managed and maintained through IT and Telecommunications. The Client Support Analyst also provides technical and administrative support for IT moves and installations as well as administrative and financial support for the department and BCEHS. The Client Support Analyst supports a diverse clientele that also present geographical challenges or limitations and often include issues that are in urgent need for resolution.
- Provides first and second-level problem resolution for BCEHS IT and Telecommunication users across the Province of British Columbia.by monitoring incident tracking system and resolves tickets at the tier 1 and 2 level; identifying and categorizing alerts into bugs or enhancements; works with users to identify specific internal or external processes and options for resolution; analyzing and documenting problems details; compiling incident assessments on functional problems or recurring issues for maintenance scheduling.
- Assist users in resolving telephone issues and problems , including wireline, wireless landline and various landline systems and services by methods such as analyzing/diagnosing presented issues, identifying, formulating and implementing potential solutions and evaluating outcomes.
- Delivers remote technical support and problem solving. Investigates and resolves hardware and software issues and problems related to existing systems and applications according to established procedures.
- Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. This role may also assist with troubleshooting printer issues and resolving difficulties with Smart Classroom Technology.
- Provides full technical support for non-standard products (e.g. scheduling systems, all LOB applications); installs required HW and SW; investigates, documents, analyses, diagnoses and resolves issues.
- Handles break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, hardware repair (including in-house repair or coordinating depot services).
- Designs, develops and documents technical support materials, such as end user instructional material on use of new technology.
- Conducts testing of application deployments when required to ensure quality assurance of end product, including unit testing and systems integration
- Proactively researches and evaluates various IT and Telecommunication solutions; recommends new/ revised service delivery options, technologies, products and services to ensure BCEHS’ initiatives are aligned with current best practices, technological trends and upgradeable for future needs.
- Provides clients and departments with different options for equipment, service delivery and cost efficiencies according to user needs and requirements.
- Liaises/follow up with vendors to ensure issues are resolved.
- Participates in Projects, helping to gather requirements, creating and documenting processes, testing and implementing
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized two year computer systems technology diploma program plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to type
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 27, 2017. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Visit http://www.bcehs.ca to learn more about the BC Ambulance Service.