As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary level mental health services to residents across all geographic areas in BC. These include Adult Forensic Psychiatric Services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital plus six regional clinics. In addition to direct services, BC Mental Health & Addiction Services acts as a support and resource to service providers across the province, and contributes to research and education.
BC Mental Health & Mental Health Substance Use Services is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Contracted / As Needed-Basis
Forensic Psychiatric Services
Various Locations in British Columbia
BC’s Forensic Psychiatric Services is a multi-site health organization providing specialized community-based assessment and treatment services for adults with mental health disorders who are in conflict with the law, across all geographic areas in BC, including six regional clinics.
We are looking for forensic trained psychologists interested in conducting cognitive behavioral treatment of individuals subject to a court order on a contractual basis.
- Doctorate in Clinical Forensic Psychology, or closely related area, experience in a forensic mental health context
- Practicing clinical registration (good standing), with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia
- Clinical experience with assessment and treatment of adults in a Forensic Mental Health setting including risk assessment, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma informed clinical interventions and treatment modalities
- Expertise in the use of risk assessment/risk management tools and the relationship to criminal behavior
- Experience with assessment and treatment of adult sex offenders (particularly group treatment) an asset
- Willingness to travel to urban and rural regions of BC and/or conduct aspects of service by secure video conference an asset
Responsibilities are on a contracted, as-needed basis.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bcmhsus.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.